WashingTongue Post Hole

It's all about peace and justice. Anti-war, yes, but more than that. It is about thinking for yourself, deinstutionalzing, taking the military out of the hands of corrupt leader. Together we can make it happen.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

George McGovern: Cheney is wrong about me, wrong about war - Los Angeles Times

George McGovern: Cheney is wrong about me, wrong about war - Los Angeles Times:

George McGovern: Cheney is wrong about me, wrong about war

The 1972 presidential nominee strikes back at the vice president for comparing today's Democrats to the McGovern platform.
By George S. McGovern, GEORGE S. MCGOVERN, a former U.S. senator from South Dakota, was the Democratic nominee for president in 1972.
April 24, 2007

VICE PRESIDENT Dick Cheney recently attacked my 1972 presidential platform and contended that today's Democratic Party has reverted to the views I advocated in 1972. In a sense, this is a compliment, both to me and the Democratic Party. Cheney intended no such compliment. Instead, he twisted my views and those of my party beyond recognition. The city where the vice president spoke, Chicago, is sometimes dubbed 'the Windy City.' Cheney converted the chilly wind of Chicago into hot air.
"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home